This Cake Definitely has Some Evil Powers….
I was trying to keep up my “Be-Healthy-Diet”, but I couldn’t resist! It’s summer and apart from a waffle cone, the best companion for a smooth Vanilla Ice Cream has to be an Extra Chocolaty Cake! I actually can’t tell the difference between a regular Chocolate Cake and a Devil’s Food Cake, but I’ll just go with what the recipe called it!
**This can make a two layer cake (two 8-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides) but I filled up 2 ramekins (the size in the picture) and used the excess for cupcakes
– 1-1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
– 1 cup of Buttermilk
– 2/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
– 2 Eggs
-1 tsp of Vanilla
– 1-1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
– 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– 1-1/4 teaspoons of Baking Soda
– 1 knob of Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To prepare the ramekins, rub the Butter all over the bottom and insides (so the cake won’t stick when baked).
3. In a large bowl combine the Granulated Sugar, Buttermilk, Vegetable Oil, Eggs and Vanilla, whisk well.
4. Sift the All-Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, and Baking Soda into the mixture, mix well with a rubber spatula.
5. Once batter is smooth, divide batter into your ramekins or cake pans.
6. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. After you take the cakes out, let cool for about 10 minutes.
8. To plate, first run a butter knife around the sides of the ramekin to release the cake. Centering the cake on a plate and just surround the cake with Caramel and Chocolate Sauce droppings. Add a scoop of Ice Cream on top, and finished with two sticks of Pocky to the side.
Mmm…! Really sweet treat for a nice Summer’s Day! Also really easy to make and you can top it with any flavor of Ice Cream which is kind of a sub for frosting:).