This is definitely the easiest way to bake cupcakes, although it’s not from scratch, I’m sure you won’t mind! I just baked them because I was really interested to see if this “baking experiment” actually worked. I learned about this from a “Weight Watcher’s Forum“; super surprised you need only 2 ingredients and then you get nice, soft cupcakes to decorate how ever you want (that’s my favorite part!).
**This is just my combination, but you can use any flavor of cake mix with any type of Diet Soft Drink (Go Experiment!)
– 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix (Just a Standard-Sized Box like Betty Crocker)
– 1 can of Coke Zero
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F (or whatever it says on the box)
2. Sift the Cake Mix into a large bowl so that there’s not chunks.
3. Pour in the can of Coke Zero (or whatever diet soda you like) evenly over the Cake Mix, and mix well with a rubber spatula until completely blended.
4. Prepare a cupcake pan with baking cupcakes and fill each cup about 2/3-3/4 full (They actually rise really well!).
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes (or according to the box of Cake Mix you bought).
6. After you take it out, allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then it’s time to decorate!
7. My toppings consist of 3 combinations:
– Dark Chocolate Ganache dipped with Sprinkled Icing Sugar
– Milk Chocolate Frosting with drizzled Dark Chocolate Ganache on top
– Dark Chocolate Ganache coat topped with Sliced Melty Kiss Matcha Chocolates and Matcha Green Powder
A guilt-free bite of heaven (minus the toppings of course;))! If you’re on a diet for the summer or just want to experiment, like me, give this quick recipe a try!