I have no idea how I baked these cupcakes perfectly on my first try, but I’m extremely ecstatic!
**For about 8 Cupcakes
– 3 Large Eggs
– 4 tbsp of Honey
– 1 tsp of Baking Soda
– 1 tsp of Vinegar
– 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
– 1/4 cup of Oil
– 1 cup of Almond Flour/Meal
**Dark Chocolate Ganache
– 1 cup of Heavy Cream
– 250g of Dark Chocolate ( that’s like a bar of chocolate, I used my favorite Lindt 70% Cocoa)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Separate the Egg Yolks and Whites. Place the Yolks in a separate mixing bowl, and then beat the Egg Whites with the Vinegar until stiff peaks form (carefully flip the bowl upside down to see that the white do not fall out)
3. In the bowl with the Egg Yolks, add Honey, Baking Soda, and Oil, then blend well with a whisk.
4. Next, it’s time to see the batter rise, add Lemon Juice and beat the Yolk Mixture until well blended. Then add Almond Flour/Meal to the mixture and blend until evenly combined.
5. Now fold in the Whipped Egg Whites into the Yolk Mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
6. Prepare a cupcake pan with baking cups, then fill each cup with batter up to the top.
7. Place cupcake pan into the oven and bake for about 17 minutes (or until the cupcakes have risen with golden brown tops and bounce to the touch).
8. Cool the cupcakes. They will deflate a bit, but the insides will remain soft and fluffy.
9. To finish them off, I make a Dark Chocolate Ganache by heating Heavy Cream to boil and then adding in chopped pieces of Dark Chocolate. I set the Ganache aside for about 10 minutes to cool. Then I dip the tops of the cupcakes into the Ganache and dust some Icing Sugar on top.
Like a sweet fluffy cloud in your mouth… These cupcakes are a healthy alternative to those heavy All-Purpose Flour cupcakes, yet can still satisfy your sugar cravings!